Xbox Component Out Audio issues...

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
TheGeekoid

Xbox Component Out Audio issues...

Post by TheGeekoid »

Okay so i had the stock Composite video cable with the Xbox. I opened up the proprietary connector and soldered on component out cables and can get full video. However i dont know how to get audio out of it.. What is the correct wiring for the audio out in HD mode?
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
spinnersp

Re: Xbox Component Out Audio issues...

Post by spinnersp »

you might just have to change the audio output in the gui. Settings->System->Audio output. Or if you want digital out,you can wire a coxail audio. google a wiring diagram.
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

you might just have to change the audio output in the gui. Settings->System->Audio output. Or if you want digital out,you can wire a coxail audio. http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/xbox.htm
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Well i kinda tried the menu settings. The version of EVOX im playing with doesnt appear to have audio options like that. UnleashX doesnt have them either. i went to XBMC and switched to analog out, still nothing. I have both composite and component video out working ( got three wires out of the plug for mode switch) but no fucking audio. Ive never heard of coaxial audio (i assume its same cable for like antennas and stuff) and we dont really have any TVs with optical input (they have optical out wich is moronic i think) I would like to get the normal audio to work but idk whats wrong. I just put a fresh wire in it.
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

have a look here:

The conector is seen from the front with the cable in the back.

(dont forget to solder pin 6 to 18 and pin 7 to 19)
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Hm that looks like what i did. Could it be possible that with the component out connected it only outputs digital audio? If that is the case whoever set up the Xbox that way needs to be shot. :x
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

i have my xbox wired like that, i get analog audio from it. recheck your connections.
xman

Post by xman »

You do now have 5 cables coming out don't you?. That being three for video and two for each audio channel. You did put the link in to tell the system component out with analogue sound, yes?.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

when I go to component mode I have two jumpers set. Do I need to have all three mode selects on for analog out?
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Grrr.... Im crabby. I went back to the connector and opened it up....

Turns out when i put it back together before i sandwitched the audio wires together and short circuited them. Im fixing it atm and will update when i test it.
TheGeekoid

Re: Xbox Component Out Audio issues...SOLVED

Post by TheGeekoid »

Okay.... It was shorted pins. I fixed it and everything works now. Im just a moron. Thanks for your help guy!
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

welcome!
welcome to the component users club!
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Now... All i need to do is get digital audio and im in buisiness.