Need help, softmoded xbox harddrive upgrade sata

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
promannen

Need help, softmoded xbox harddrive upgrade sata

Post by promannen »

Hello i have an softmodded xbox , bought a 1 tb sata with an sata to ide adapter , how do i upgrade the harddrive without burning a cd or dvd , i tried chimp, cromewll , and it gave me usb device error........ is it because i have an 3d party controlller? total newbie here....
mrmajikbus45

Re: Need help, softmoded xbox harddrive upgrade sata

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

As I posted in my chimp guide, you MUST use a Microsoft Xbox Controller. 3rd parties will not work, and will give the USB error.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
promannen

Post by promannen »

are there any others way then? so I have to buy an original xbox controller in order to install this 1tb sata drive i bought...
allahandro

Post by allahandro »

I've upgraded a hard drive with chimp on a softmod with a third party controller before, its possible but tricky, and it may depend on the particular third party controller, I know timing is key, You have to be ready to put the ide cable from the dvd drive into your new drive as soon as you start chimp. And then you have to be quick to make the right selection before the timer is up.
What version is your xbox? If its 1.2-1.5 a tsop flash is really easy even for a noob, You don't need solder, you can use a circuit writer or better yet bare paint to connect the points. SoftMods can always be corrupted, a tsop flash is permanent and makes hard drive upgrades much easier.
promannen

Post by promannen »

I fucked up , I bought an original controller, and everyting worked out, i copied the harddrive to the sata drive by an sata-ide adapter , everthing was done i locked the drive through the motherboard then unplugged everything and installed the newly fresh harddrive, and then error 7 or error 16 all the time. So i got in to chimp one more time and tried to install it again , but nothing happens writing exee error something. and now i cant even use the harddrive in my pc. and now when i swap the drive in chimp , the model number is all gone and so. but my original softmod is still working on the xbox.

what to do now?

Sorry for my bad english.
promannen

Post by promannen »

Its says no DRQ AFTER ISSUING MULTIWRITE_EXT when im in the progress of cloning again. what does that mean? estamated time is like 10 hours