What about this for a great swap lol

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
sixties keith

What about this for a great swap lol

Post by sixties keith »

so i was selling an old cooker that was lying at the back of my garage wasent looking much just needed the room so it was 50 quid for a quick sale

nothing special i know but as soon as i posted it up my mate rang and said would i take 2 xbox's and 30 quid i was like happy days. got them both opened them and both were like below

so what you think? each xbox worth a tenner? i thought it was a good job

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
TheGeekoid

Re: What about this for a great swap lol

Post by TheGeekoid »

thats a better setup then i have right now. I just have a couple softmodded ones. I plan on TSOP flashing one but havent got the nerve up yet to do it. As for cosmetic features its stock everything. I havent changed hardware in mine at all other then removing the RF Sheild Grille in front of the fan. They are definetly worth the cooker.
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Already blew the 30 quid on modding stuff for the xbox. got myself more solder, glue sticks, a couple of artic f8 fans, thermal paste, some more led's and strip lights etc lol

frist thing i do always is remove as much of that metal crap as i can. the entire top shell, mesh in front of fan and both sides completely removed lol i hate the stuff !!!

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
xman

Post by xman »

Replacing unused space hogs for something you can use and cash, nice deal I think. Both X2 chipped are they?
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

@ xman

yea mate i thought it was a great swap - knew something was up when i heard (quote "theres wierd looking extra switches on the back of both of them" ) lol

yup the 2 are identical, you think there the x2 then? im not really sure about the mod chips as apart from my x3 ive only had different home made cheap mods and 1 xenium ice (i knew that because it said it on it :D )

xman

Post by xman »

Not a fan of those chips but easy to swap over if need be. They were pricy little suckers when new, for what I do not know.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

to be fair i just know little about them. just kept using the xenium ice ones since there were nice custom etched jewels for those chips about :)

as i say i know little about chips and bios's so im sure im not really getting the full use outa them but its another 2 xboxs i can throw bigger hdd's in with relative ease and get modding :)

spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

sixties keith wrote:...you think there the x2 then?
Yes, they're (presumably both) X2.6 boards.