xbox component cable test

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
scroeffie

xbox component cable test

Post by scroeffie »

1.i have tested 3 no brand cables 1 i have found at a marketplace les than 5 euros
very thik cable thiker than the microsoft en monster cable was very happy with the image

2.than i orderd a cable from china wel build was les than 7 dollars as thik as monster cables
image was mutch sharper than the cable above !!!

3. cable uk seller cable wel build but very thin sharp image no ghosting etc

all 3 cheap cables the best one image is the asian one its medium thik cheap and work well so
alsow i think it depends the kind of tv you have hous you live in age etc

tested on a 40inch panasonic viera plasma tv / incl ps3 xbox360/ wiiu /boxee

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/130512355152?ssP ... 1497.l2649 << UK CABLE

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/290807800811?ssP ... 1497.l2649 << FROM ASIA GOOD CABLE FOR THE MONEY
spicemuseum

Re: xbox component cable test

Post by spicemuseum »

Thanks Scroeffie.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130512355152
scroeffie wrote:http://www.ebay.nl/itm/290807800811?ssP ... 1497.l2649 << FROM ASIA GOOD CABLE FOR THE MONEY
"
Postage: Doesn't post to United Kingdom
Item location: Shenzhen, China
"
Bingowings

Post by Bingowings »

I got myself a component cable from the UK source on ebay, I've followed the instructions properly... I think.
The picture is lovely playing what I can play in 720p video wise (iPlayer won't work obviously) but when I play backed up games they come out kind of fuzzy.
However if I start up the same games using unleashX they play really well. Is there a different setting for games that I've missed? PAL games and dashes through a component can look weird as I recall.
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

Bingowings wrote:I got myself a component cable from the UK source on ebay, I've followed the instructions properly... I think.
The picture is lovely playing what I can play in 720p video wise (iPlayer won't work obviously) but when I play backed up games they come out kind of fuzzy.
However if I start up the same games using unleashX they play really well. Is there a different setting for games that I've missed? PAL games and dashes through a component can look weird as I recall.

i played in xbmc and unleaschd dashb no problems disable 1080i for both dasboard
only enable 480p abd 720p if that doest dont know what will
i have a pal console with chip with engima enabled ntsc i disabled 1080i thats all i have done
played ninja gaiden last night lookes awsome on my panasonic 50 plasma
Bingowings

Post by Bingowings »

I've checked and everything is set to 720p across the board.
If I open a game by launching it's default.xbe in unleashX it's noticeably better than S-Video but if I open it from 3.3.3 there are strange ghosting effects which are also in evidence in the main menu.
The only time the XBMC4XBOX main menu looks pin sharp (and how) is when the setting is on 1080i but it's pointless because nothing really works at that setting.
The overall effect of the whole set up is better than s-video (which has colour bleed and other artifacts) and I got iPlayer to work and it looks fine. I just wondered if I hadn't configured some control correctly.
It's not that big an issue to go out of XBMC to start a game and go in to watch a video but it just seems odd that Unleashx seems (on my set) to run Xbox games better.
I will try a DVD and a game disc tomorrow for further comparison.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

720P looks great on mine, i have disabled all other settings.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xman

Post by xman »

Have you tried when in the Games folder over the game you wish to play, bring up the submenu and select NTSC mode as is required for a PAL machine running 720p? Remember, once you start a game, XBMC is not running any longer.
Bingowings

Post by Bingowings »

Thanks for the suggestion but I did that too.
I appreciate that once a game is activated I have left XBMC I'm just reporting the oddness that activating the game from within XBMC has different results for me than activating the game from another dash.
It might be a connection problem because I've noticed that the picture sometimes cuts out and the television set shows the channel heading (these are third party leads so maybe that has something to do with it).
The original set must be very rare.

UPDATE some of my problems seem to be caused to electrical interference. I have a central heating thermostat that really needs replacing and every time it sparks up it interferes with the signal going into the component cable (which is odd because it was never a problem with composite or S-Video). A trip down to Maplins seem in order.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

My favourite component cable is the Monster - I've got several and they're great, but obviously no longer available new.
I also use König cables and they're very good too - but also no longer available new.

So as for quality/branded cables now available, anyone tried the KMD Komodo?
http://www.amazon.com/KMD-Xbox-Komodo-H ... B002ZFYNII
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

I personally use some combination component cables (xbox, ps2, gc) that I bought from Gamestop ages ago. The most recent set I bought was from a local secondhand game store new a few weeks ago. Those were some Chinese brand, and thry look gorgeous. I will swing by there in a few days for the info.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!