[RELEASE] IceLibrary24Xbox

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
k1m05

[RELEASE] IceLibrary24Xbox

Post by k1m05 »

Thanks to Dudehere over at XBMCHub for rewriting the old plugin by Batch, IceLibrary is back. I made a few simple changes for it to work on the XBox again. For Movies to be functional for this, You will need a recent build. I use the ones from B4K3D PI available HERE. I do believe that Jan's will work as well, Available HERE

Current Version is 2.0.14 (updated March 20 2013)

*Fixed Movreel

Get it HERE For now,

untill It can be put on the Addons4Xbox Installer.

*Note After I updated, the popup menu to select source ran pretty slow but after a restart it ran like a charm.
Last edited by k1m05 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
whufclee

Re: [RELEASE] IceLibrary24Xbox

Post by whufclee »

Thanks mate, not seen you on the forum for a while - thought you'd vanished!

Are you still doing the live streams on Navi-X? Sorry I've had a lot of stuff going on lately and my playlist has had to take a bit of a backseat, I still have it linking to your section but I just wanted to check and see if you're still maintaining it? I know it's damn tedious work keeping those things up to date so I completely understand if you've knocked it on the head!
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

I havent vanished just havent played with my XBox in a while. I recently stopped maintaining the Live TV on Navi-X. Tedious indeed lol. I haven't got the time anymore, and with the loading time for the playlist editor It would take way more time to update the link then it would to actually manually sniff it out. Lost patience lol. I still love Navi-X tho, dont get me wrong. And there seems to be quite a few ppl doing Live TV on there now. I honestly never even used the live tv on it. I started it to keep my mind busy while I quit smoking. Hope things are well Whufclee. And I hope you all like Dudeheres work IceLibrary2. I have been loving it.
radman1

Post by radman1 »

Thanks for the link seems to load fine.Having an issue with cache full and buffering other video plugins work fine anyone else having same issue.
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

k1m05 wrote:I have noticed that movies do not get recognized by the metadata scrapers. I assume its because the movies are strm files but I am not sure. If anyone can suggest anything to fix this, please do.
There was a patch required for movies in the original Icefilms as well. Original thread.

Here is the important part.
TV shows will be recognized by the current XBMC build but if you want movies to be recognized by the library then you need to get a modified version of XBMC.

As discussed in this (link) ticket, .strm files will not be recognized as movies in the current build of XBMC.
To fix this, this patch needs to be applied: http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/8...tory.patch
The patch for xbox was lost with the old forums. Hopefully someone will release a new patch.
trogggy

Post by trogggy »

Spongy wrote: The patch for xbox was lost with the old forums. Hopefully someone will release a new patch.
The patch for xbox couldn't be easier, it's just adding a '//' to PlayListFactory.cpp. I made a few on the old forum but the pc I used for them went bang. Might be worth asking B4K3D PI if he'd mind doing a build based on the last stable, as he's building nightlies?
JohnnyParanoia

Post by JohnnyParanoia »

I don't know if anyone else has released a patched version but I've done the 3.2 stable build and also Rev31547 (The one used by Jan in his excellent release)

You can get them here -

Build 3.2 Stable Patched

Build 31547 Patched

Both on dropbox :)

I have tested both builds and they both work however it took me about 8 hours to download all the movie data for the library (20Mb connection) so be aware it does or can take a very long time.

As it goes I've been lurking on the forum for a while but only registered recently and this is my very first post, I really hope it useful to everyone :D
radman1

Post by radman1 »

trogggy wrote:
Spongy wrote: The patch for xbox was lost with the old forums. Hopefully someone will release a new patch.
The patch for xbox couldn't be easier, it's just adding a '//' to PlayListFactory.cpp. I made a few on the old forum but the pc I used for them went bang. Might be worth asking B4K3D PI if he'd mind doing a build based on the last stable, as he's building nightlies?

Where do I find the playlistfactory.cpp cant seem to find it.Using Jan's stable 3.3 build
JohnnyParanoia

Post by JohnnyParanoia »

radman1 wrote:
trogggy wrote:

Where do I find the playlistfactory.cpp cant seem to find it.Using Jan's stable 3.3 build
It's not one you can edit in a pre-compiled build. You need to edit it before compiling it.

The 31547 Patched build that I've posted above is the same version as Jan's so you could simply backup your current XBMC to your PC then delete the one on your XBox and install the patched version, then copy over the Plugins, Scripts and Userdata folders using FTP and overwrite the existing ones and you should have a working patched version of Jan's build :)
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

@ k1m05

Thank you for this contribution :)

I have tested it with some tv shows on the latest stable xbmc4xbox and it works great to add Icefilms shows as a file source that can be scanned into your video library to get cover art and descriptions, I have not tried adding any movies yet as I understand a patch is required.

I have deemed this addon worthy of being added to the Addons4Xbox repository, it is now currently available to be installed from there now :)
If you or the original author have any objections with it being in the repository I can remove it on request, let us know of any updates or changes to this addon so we can keep the version in the repository updated as well

Thanks again :)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

If I remember correctly batch was the original author and he was very helpful and xbox friendly whenever I spoke to him so I'm sure he won't mind. Great addition guys.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

ah this is kind of awesome, at least for TV shows, not sure it makes much sense for movies!

one problem, the autoexec.py setup doesn't seem to do anything, am i missing something? running 3.2 stable.
B4K3D PI

Post by B4K3D PI »

k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Updated To Version 2.0.12
Fixed Billion Uploads Captcha
See first post for installing info.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Great fix, I'll get this up on the repo a little later today

Thanks k1m05 :)
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Update:
The new version with your BillionUploads Captcha fix has been added to the repo
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Updated to 2.0.13
Finally able to fix the autoexec.py
See first post.
*EDIT
Autoexec.py Not Actually Working Properly Yet, Thought it was Sorry. Gonna work on it tonight. It is close tho. Stick with 2.0.12 for now. Will Post When Complete.
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Fixed MovReel
*See first post for download
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Nice, sorry I've been busy lately

I'll get this up on the repo

I've added it now, just need to test it installs

*Update: I've tested installing then running from the repo, there was only 1 import missing from the addon.xml (<import addon="script.module.pysqlite2" version="1.0.0" />) I've added it now
Not a big deal if people have already installed a different addon that had this module included but its just best practice to make sure each addon can install and launch on its own from a new empty xbmc install
Just so your aware

Thanks for the update, keep up the great work :)
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Thanks for the info Kozz I will keep that in mind. I have wondered how it knew which modules and whatnot to install. If you notice anything else in it I should look at let me know.