Hello and help!

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Rich666

Hello and help!

Post by Rich666 »

Hello to you as a new forum member from the UK :)

As for some help, well if anyone can then I would greatly appreciate it!
I managed to install Unleash X over the top of XBMC (yeah don't ask, I'm an idiot), and now I can't get XBMC as my startup screen like I had before.

Would anyone be available to help me on Teamviewer perhaps? I've honestly tried at least three methods to fix it and followed guides so I'm not really looking for a guide, just if someone would be willing and available to help me and take a look at my file setup on my FTP setup and we could set a time even if you are abroad for example.

Thanks!
Rich :)
professor_jonny

Re: Hello and help!

Post by professor_jonny »

I would suggest you use an auto installer dvd like slayers or hexen.

do you have a softmod or hardmod? (a picture of the motherboard would be nice)

if you have some sort of chip in there flash the bios with slayers to a known boot path and then run an install.

if you have a softmod run hexen and do a fresh install and it will sort it all out.
Rich666

Post by Rich666 »

I made myself a Hexen disk so I have that at least already, installing XBMC has just installed it again (although it was already there before hand, but anyway), I just can't set XBMC as the startup/default start screen I mean.
I can still access XBMC by moving to it in a menu on Unleash X, but if it's possible I'd rather have XBMC on startup.

Yeah I have a soft mod, I honestly wouldn't have a clue how to open the Xbox though to be honest. I had the softmod done to try and avoid breaking it (because I'm a clumsy idiot) :P

p.s. Having now found out how to get to my coinops emulator I need to buy an official Xbox component cable, my cheap one is crap as it just makes everything green. Any idea where I could get one for a decent price in the UK or online? I checked eBay but maybe I am putting in the wrong search term.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

This works great for me £4,80 delivered
COMPONENT AV CABLE FOR XBOX https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000OF22LG/ ... uwbPRT4E05
Rich666

Post by Rich666 »

Thanks for the link I'll try one out, my cable cost more than that one and it doesn't even display in colour properly :P
Rich666

Post by Rich666 »

hawsey wrote:This works great for me £4,80 delivered
COMPONENT AV CABLE FOR XBOX https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000OF22LG/ ... uwbPRT4E05
Just an update, the cable works great :) Turns out I shouldn't have messed with the settings after all and the problem WAS the cable all along.

That wasn't my original problem but I can play in colour with the picture actually fitting the screen now! Plus I can still at least get to XBMC through my current dashboard at least.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Nice one :-)