Hi new to all this!

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
hawsey

Re: Hi new to all this!

Post by hawsey »

Once you get connected let us know and someone will talk you through the next bit ;-)
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

A bit confused here...when I turn on me xbox it comes up with the normal start up screen for xbox plus it says evox in top left corner, but then seems to load up xbmc! Im led to believe u cant update xbmc if ure already init, but it don't give me any other options? ;)

Am trying to follow whufclee's guide on this forum but haven't got no unleash x installed, also look for dashboards on harddrive and cant find any?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

You can add it using FTP. XBMC has its own FTP server built-in.

Add UnleashX to the Xbox HDD when you're uploading XBMC. You can then run UnleashX, and with FTP or the UnleashX file manager rename the XBMC folder to XBMCold or something. Rename the folder with 3.5 in it to XBMC.

You are correct about not updating from the running XBMC. Use a different dashboard like UnleashX to avoid trouble identifying which XBMC is currently running.

Just make sure to check whether the updated version uploaded properly before renaming the folders (thereby setting it as your dash). You obviously want to avoid booting to a broken dashboard. 8-)
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hi guys ive now managed to get on unleash x and the xbmc3.5...but ive lost all me games etc that were on before :( can someone point me somewhere to get all the games I lost tv channels etc! ;)

As for me games they are on the F and G drives, is it just a case of moving em to me games folder on the E drive with XBMC on??
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Copy over your E:/Apps/XBMCold/UserData/sources.xml to the new installation.

Otherwise add the sources again manually...
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Sparky wrote:I downloaded 3.5 from a site off google mate
Okay, I'm not familiar with google mate, do you mean a hosted build on Google Drive? (Linked from here by Mrs Pi.)
Sparky wrote:yes unzipped it on me laptop....but that's as far as I got ;)
Excellent. Now you need to determine where your installed XBMC is on your XBOX. Do you know how to use the file explorer in XBMC? Look somewhere on E: (hopefully E:/Apps) for the most likely locations. ...but it could (less likely) be on F:.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Sparky wrote:A bit confused here...when I turn on me xbox it comes up with the normal start up screen for xbox plus it says evox in top left corner, but then seems to load up xbmc! Im led to believe u cant update xbmc if ure already init, but it don't give me any other options?
That's all fine, it tells us you have an Evox M8 BIOS (which means you do not have a softmodded box), and it's set to boot into XBMC4XBOX. See next steps in my previous post.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Sparky wrote:Hi guys ive now managed to get on unleash x and the xbmc3.5...but ive lost all me games etc that were on before :( can someone point me somewhere to get all the games I lost tv channels etc! ;)

As for me games they are on the F and G drives, is it just a case of moving em to me games folder on the E drive with XBMC on??
Oh dear. No, stop. You need to take this a bit more slowly. See my previous message.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I need a heads up on finding and installing the addons plz guys...spicemusuem thanks for all ure input ;)
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Although you haven't expressly said so, I am reading this that you have sorted out all your issues and have a functioning v3.5 installation. Well done.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Ive managed to install xbmc3.5,but now I need help on how to do addons (cant mention the ones I want I believe) and sorting out what folder to put me games in so they work with new xbmc! ;)

Im trying to install a few things but when I come to the part where it says go to system addons...but I don't seem to have the add onns button???

Am I using the wrong version (3.5) of xbmc???
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Sparky. Settle down.

First for these things "missing" from your HDD. Read my last post man.

Programs > Add source... > Browse
Last edited by fxmech on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

hi mate there is no sources file in dat folder?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/The_UserData_Folder

You need to copy the old stuff to your new install. Otherwise like I said. Add sources to your media libraries. Name games source "Games," apps source "Apps"... And so on.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

what they said ^ - note if you went into programs/games first before sources were set up then to programs you won't see anything as it goes to the last location. If you reboot and go straight to programs you will see add source. you can then add a source named "Games" and point it to your games folder.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Thanks for replys guys, but I just don't understand what ure saying :(
Surely now I have installed 3.5 I can just move my games to the corresponding buttons in xbmc but how lol??
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

fxmech wrote:Sparky. Settle down.

Cmon now you are completely reading around the answer

All the contents of your Xbox are still there. You need to tell XBMC4XBOX where to find it on your HDD!

Read!
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

fxmech wrote:
fxmech wrote:Sparky. Settle down.

Cmon now you are completely reading around the answer

All the contents of your Xbox are still there. You need to tell XBMC4XBOX where to find it on your HDD!
OR...
After clicking on PROGRAMS from the home screen, look in the vertical list to see if there is already a "games" entry. If there is, scroll onto it, press the white button on your game controller, scroll to edit source in the pop-up, press green A, then navigate to the folder containing your games and click "OK" to everything you need to.
(Do the same for apps and emulators as necessary.)
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Can anyone confirm if im using a ok version of XBMC (3.5 but no addon buttons in system) plz....as don't want to try sort this version if im only gonna have to change it again???

Also is there anyone who can pm me through it as asking for help here is frustrating as u have to wait so long for replys! ;)
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Sounds like you are too impatient to put work into it before posting here.

Run searches. The http://totalxbmc.tv site will help with addons.

Also please take time in the tutorials section here at the XBMC4Xbox forums. We all don't have time to answer basic stuff and duplicate the efforts offered by others already here...
You need to articulate your situation and your questions about how to get whats needed more clearly, too. I'm currently at a loss as to how I am supposed to help you.