Help! Can't download files via FTP

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
handcoded

Help! Can't download files via FTP

Post by handcoded »

Hi

I have a soft modded original Xbox running XBMC 3.3.3 and have a couple problems

1. I noticed when I logged in via ftp that the reported free space was very low on partition F so I re-partitioned it with xb-partitioner.
I can see all my existing files that were on the drive and can delete files but can't download them to my PC or open them with XBMC though XBMC can see them. Filezilla says "Can't access file File transfer failed"

This is a real pita as I have some important images I need to get back.
Are they gone forever?

2. XMBC won't let me change the skin or other settings. I can move across the top menu items but can't go down into the adjustable settings. On other menu's I am able to do this. I've never had any issues like this with previous XBMC versions. Should I just re-install it?

Thanks
byron

Re: Help! Can't download files via FTP

Post by byron »

1. Someone else will have to answer that one for ya...dunno
2. That would be my first suggestion...couldn't hurt and a good chance that'll resolve the issue. Try the beta 3.5 beta 2 or the latest nightly. I just installed that nightly and all seems perfectly fine so far.
CaliberC

Post by CaliberC »

Did you get your Full Size F drive after the re-partitioning?
handcoded

Post by handcoded »

Yes I did

I could see all of the files and can open small images as long as they are under 16k. I just need to know how to make the larger image files readable again if that is possible.