Total Installer 4Xbox

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
whufclee

Total Installer 4Xbox

Post by whufclee »

Hi guys I'm after some assistance with the new Total Installer for Xbox...

The addons section of the TotalXBMC website is working nicely and is database driven so as soon as addons are reported as broken or depreciated I can mark as such in the database, I've also left it open for devs to start making use of tags so they can mark as broken if they want. Now the installer on mainbranch is working great but obviously the Xbox is a completely different beast when in comes to plugins and scripts. I'll outline what the existing Total Installer does on mainbranch:

Allows the user to search for whatever addon they want, the addon zip file is then downloaded (directly from the developers repo) to the addons/packages folder along with the relevant repository zip file and any dependencies.
These files are then extracted to the addons folder.

Obviously we already have a great installer that temhil made a few years ago and buzz updated recently so I'm thinking if we have the addon zip file downloaded locally then it shouldn't be too difficult to get modules from A4X to install that addon, or maybe even just pass it straight to A4X?

I've stripped out all the code I can find that's not related to Xbox and changed the addon install folder to special:/home/plugins and the dependencies to scripts/.modules/

If you manually create an addons/packages/ directory it's partially working and it will allow you to watch preview videos (where any exist) but obviously it doesn't install the addon to the correct location - it just installs into the plugins root folder and not the relevant sub-folder (video, music, programs or pictures). I started looking into making it a completely new standalone installer but to be honest A4X already does what we want so no need to reinvent the wheel!

If anyone fancies helping out that will be much appreciated as I'm really busy with other projects on the site and my coding skills are poor to say the least!

Download the WIP version for xbox here (This is for development purposes only - DO NOT USE ON YOUR MAIN BUILD!). This currently uses a master repo for mainbranch script modules, I need to create one especially for the xbox so if you use this it may add modules not compatible with your build.

If you're unfamiliar with what the installer does please take a look at this page, we're also creating a proper Xbox compatibility list so if you can't help with code we need testers too :)
sooperfly

Re: Total Installer 4Xbox

Post by sooperfly »

Please check your PM
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

whufclee wrote:Hi guys I'm after some assistance with the new Total Installer for Xbox...

The addons section of the TotalXBMC website is working nicely and is database driven so as soon as addons are reported as broken or depreciated I can mark as such in the database, I've also left it open for devs to start making use of tags so they can mark as broken if they want. Now the installer on mainbranch is working great but obviously the Xbox is a completely different beast when in comes to plugins and scripts. I'll outline what the existing Total Installer does on mainbranch:

Allows the user to search for whatever addon they want, the addon zip file is then downloaded (directly from the developers repo) to the addons/packages folder along with the relevant repository zip file and any dependencies.

Obviously we already have a great installer that temhil made a few years ago and buzz updated recently so I'm thinking if we have the addon zip file downloaded locally then it shouldn't be too difficult to get modules from A4X to install that addon, or maybe even just pass it straight to A4X?

I've stripped out all the code I can find that's not related to Xbox and changed the addon install folder to special:/home/plugins and the dependencies to scripts/.modules/

If you manually create an addons/packages/ directory it's partially working and it will allow you to watch preview videos (where any exist) but obviously it doesn't install the addon to the correct location - it just installs into the plugins root folder and not the relevant sub-folder (video, music, programs or pictures). I started looking into making it a completely new standalone installer but to be honest A4X already does what we want so no need to reinvent the wheel!

If anyone fancies helping out that will be much appreciated as I'm really busy with other projects on the site and my coding skills are poor to say the least!

Download the WIP version for xbox here (This is for development purposes only - DO NOT USE ON YOUR MAIN BUILD!). This currently uses a master repo for mainbranch script modules, I need to create one especially for the xbox so if you use this it may add modules not compatible with your build.

If you're unfamiliar with what the installer does please take a look at this page, we're also creating a proper Xbox compatibility list so if you can't help with code we need testers too :)
Is that the uptodate Version from the xbox Version from the installer ?

i have a look on it.

Regards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

whufclee wrote:Hi guys I'm after some assistance with the new Total Installer for Xbox...

Is that the uptodate Version from the xbox Version from the installer ?

i have a look on it.

Regards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

ok this install can not work!

IOn main xbmc we have one location for all to installed addons,skins,scripts,scriptmodules
on xbmc for xbox we have differend locations for this
so you must install a video addon to :
/E/XBMC/plugins/video/
a audio addon to :
/E/XBMC/plugins/music/
a programm (plugin) to :
to /E/XBMC/plugins/programs/

on main xbmc is a programm a script or a program-plugin
But on xbmc4xbox is a script a script what we must install to /E/XBMC/scripts/
and a programm addon a plugin what we must install to /E/XBMC/plugins/programs/

skins we must install to /E/XBMC/skin/

so the pfad since differend from main xbmc to xbmc4xbox:

i hat hope that we can simple use the addontype what is given on your totalinstall plugin and add it to the def ADDONINSTALL

and we make then

Code: Select all

if 'video' in addontype:
		addonfolder = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join('special://','home/plugins/video/'))
		print addontype
	elif 'audio' in addontype:
		print addontype
		addonfolder = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join('special://','home/plugins/music/'))
	elif 'program' in addontype:
		addonfolder = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join('special://','home/plugins/programs/'))

But the given addon Type is not clean for this so we can it not use .
Next :
When the addon,plugin,skin,script is installed we must go in this Folder and rename the addon.py to default.py and the icon.png to default.tbn.
then we must rename the Folder from as example plugin.video.youtube to the given addon name from this addon what is located on the addon.xml

i think the best option is i rewrite the totalinstaller for xbmc4xbox on the next week.

The best option for the future where you add a json or xml api on your website for access all the relevant informations to install a addon .

Edit but we can use the addonurl what is pasted to the def ADDONINSTALL :
i test it.

Regards Jan
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Any work you can do will be much appreciated Jan, the existing addons4xbox installer is great so I was hoping we could parse the data through to there or fork the code? Unfortunately I am pretty terrible at python but if anything needs changing on the website to help with changes please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

whufclee wrote:Any work you can do will be much appreciated Jan, the existing addons4xbox installer is great so I was hoping we could parse the data through to there or fork the code? Unfortunately I am pretty terrible at python but if anything needs changing on the website to help with changes please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Its no problem to make this Version what you have posted on the First Post in this tread working on xbmc4xbox.

Today the Website give me a 500 request error.

So i can not finish the totalinstaller for xbox and work on install addons (scripts),skins from zip to add it later to the installer when the totalxbmc website is working again.

I hope the site come back and it is only a temporary error.

Bad is that my facorite gaman Suite xbmcnerds.com is down the last day's.

XbmcNerds is back!!
total xbmc to.
PS we want not to install the addons over the addon4xbox installer we can that still do over the totalxbmc Installer.
Regards Jan
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

This is the new sit or not? Kodinerds.net?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

TotalInstaller Test Release is Here

http://totalxbmc.tv/new-forum/index.php ... 79#msg6079

Regards Jan
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Thx I will testing it tomorrow.