[Skin] Transparency_3.5.03_Antipas_Septa (Bigger Fonts)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
psalmsamuel

[Skin] Transparency_3.5.03_Antipas_Septa (Bigger Fonts)

Post by psalmsamuel »

*Updated 12/12/2016 - Finished Skin Changes ... what to do now? finish thumbnails and fanart :D
*Updated 12/14/2016 - Thumbnails + Fanart (put the corresponding thumbnail image and fanart image in your game iso folder, then delete the thumbnail cache, userdata/thumbnails/DELETE ALL FOLDERS (which is in your dashboard or the folder where you have xbmc installed, play and exit a game to refresh the thumbnail cache) (will finish thumbnail and fanart for some emulators and applications in a day or so

*Updated 12/14/2016 - Fixed Missing "Browse Button Blue Highlight"
*Updated 12/16/2016 - Emulator thumbnails and fanart
*Updated 12/17/2016 - Application thumbnails and fanart
*Updated 12/17/2016 - Emulator Fanart
*Updated 12/18/2016 - Main Menu/Home Menu shortcuts from Games/Emulators/Apps in the "Video's Sub Menu" (pressing right d-pad on "VIDEOS) (if you click "VIDEOS", you can still browse "VIDEOS")
*Updated 12/19/2016 - Bigger Fonts!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84Cfg ... sp=sharing
(use the standard option to change the font size in "settings/appearance/skin")

For starters, its a reskin of "Transparency_(x4x)_3.5.03", I included a package of the resources I used if your interested ... ... ... ... I'm working on a thumbnail and fanart package to go with this. Taking a little longer because I forgot some things. Don't plan on doing much else, maybe try to edit the menu or something later on as a separate mod.

There were some glaring problems with the original skin, box art was cutoff, and lots of needless graphic items were loaded, which really made the skins and artwork difficult to see. In a few days I'll update this into a package.

Fanart and Thumbnail Resolution Settings (480p) (about 100 Thumbnail + Fanart Images, probably the most complete set so far

Appears to like 270x200, 540x400, 810x600 for the skin or fanart ... Thumbnails are 290x380

I used "ImageConverterPlus" (unchecked "use original resolution", and "don't zoom" under Resize). The Compression Settings didn't appear to make a difference, xbmc is used to a certain "Adobe Photoshop" setting, not sure what that is, so this is the work around I used, to stop xbmc from cutting off images, the resolution itself, length times width, is the more important settings. If your editing this skin or your own.
All Done ! :D (maybe experiment with some code examples from some other skins, not that I know what I'm doing, I labeled some of the skins graphics so it should be easy to add something back or change colors, etc. ... ... ... I didn't break anything, since I only changed graphics)
(12/17/2016 - gona touch up the emulator "fanart" later, "fanart" doesn't fit the theme, I took a shortcut there to see how it would look when everything was finished but, it doesn't look that good, compared to everything else) (also anything beyond a white font seems to look weird, the values are in the "colors" folder if you want to play with that) (Fixed - Emulator Fanart)
Last edited by psalmsamuel on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
psalmsamuel

Re: [Skin] Transparency_3.5.03_Antipas_Septa

Post by psalmsamuel »

Games/Emulators/Apps ... Shortcut from Main Menu (make sure you "add source" to these folders from the regular program/browse menu option first) (press the right d-pad button on the "VIDEOS" option from the main menu to see the shortcuts)

<!---------------(added these for video submenu)---------------------->
<item id="81001">
<description>Menu Videos Sub VideoFiles</description>
<label>Games</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Games,return)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Videos_Sub_Files)</visible>
</item>
<item id="81002">
<description>Menu Videos Sub VideoPlugins</description>
<label>Emulators</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Emulators,return)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Videos_Sub_Plugins)</visible>
</item>
<item id="81003">
<description>Menu Videos Sub VideoLibrary</description>
<label>Apps</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Apps,Return)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Videos_Sub_VideoLibrary)</visible>
</item>

Modified Files ... "Includes_HomeMenusVertical" ... "Includes_HomeMenusHorizontal" ... ... ... ... you can modify the menu with these simple changes on the original skin also, just make the above changes and save the file ... ... ... ... or take them from the skin archive above and replace them, in the original package. All Done Now ! :D, also made some small changes to another skin, i'll probably share if get around to doing more to it.
sealeysonic

Re: [Skin] Transparency_3.5.03_Antipas_Septa (Bigger Fonts)

Post by sealeysonic »

I tried this Skin....deleted it after about 5 minutes due to the icons and wired backdrops it came with....made it hard to navigate to try and purge the skin of its strange backdrops....virtually useless in it current state.
psalmsamuel

Post by psalmsamuel »

sealeysonic wrote:I tried this Skin....deleted it after about 5 minutes due to the icons and wired backdrops it came with....made it hard to navigate to try and purge the skin of its strange backdrops....virtually useless in it current state.
Inside the folder labeled "720p", take the files called ""Includes_HomeMenusVertical.xml" ... "Includes_HomeMenusHorizontal.xml"" (new shortcuts from the "Videos" options), also take the file called "Font.xml" (larger fonts), and replace them in the original "Transparency 3.5.03" Skin for the font and menu updates without the graphic changes to the skin if that is what you want. That all the program files i modified for this release.

For the other releases, you have to replace the "MyPrograms.xml" files from my release, and the "home.xml" files and the "font.xml" files and replace them in the original releases (if you don't want the skin changes, but want the fanart and thumbnails to have the same search location following the path you created from the xbmc "programs" options + the larger fonts). Thats basically it outside of the skin changes. Some people like the black prison bars covering everything, and some people don't understand why, those bars are there blocking the thumbnails and fanart, or where to place the thumbnails and fanart, since every skin has different locations, put your files in one place, and all the skins that I've fixed will find them, that is inside your iso folders whereever they are, make sure you create the path using XBMC's "programs" option typically found on the main menu with the folders matching the names like "games" for your .iso files, "emulators" for your emulator files, and "apps" for your application files with a default.xbe in each folder for each program.

(RCB = Rom Collection Browser, was just a bad idea, sorry to say that, but its true, glad I got rid of it from at least one skin, but I don't plan on doing anything else, because I don't understand that much about coding, but I have done some skin edits before on the ps2)
ffatlasurscience

Post by ffatlasurscience »

Just have to say I love your skin and all the art that comes with it! Reminds me of the digital art from Timothy Leary's later books. So far the most wild and creative I've come across anywhere yet. I can get "sleek and professional" just about anywhere else, but this is something really unique.
Only gripe I have really is that the on-screen keyboard does not highlight the selected key, making renaming files extremely difficult. But it's easy enough to switch to a different skin and switch back, which leads me to a question I have for you: is there a keyboard skin file from the original Transparency skin I could swap into Antipas Septa to fix this issue?
Also, I've been tweaking your build to customize it to my own tastes and was wondering, what files link to the graphics for the buttons in the 'Settings' menu?

P.S.: What does Antipas Septa mean?