byron

[Skin] Transparency (x4x)

Post by byron »

HomeMusic.jpg
DOWNLOAD SKIN Version 3.5.03 (10.16.15)

CHANGELOG

PROJECT HOME
HomeCats.jpg
Alright people, here's another one. Don't let the version number set you off...it's based off of Ronie's 5.0.9 mainline release (decided to version my fork based on BuZz's dev releases), and all credit to ronie for Transparency! Sorry to take so long to get this working, but I've got a real issue with less than adequate work (especially when representing someone else's work).

All features are working as of right now except:
  • PVR (and everything related...)
  • Global Search
  • Q-lock
  • Mainline specific addon windows (they just don't work right now)
  • TV Tunes and Cinema Experience (which go hand in hand in the VideoLibrary)
Perhaps I'm forgetting other things, but for the majority of crazy options this skin has -- and as good as it looks doing it -- definitely worth trying if you're looking for something fun. I've got it running so that in 480p everything functions smoothly (at least not crashing with media playing), but if you run it in 720p at this point you're gonna crash your box for sure. Thanks to BuZz's willingness to update the skinning engine a bit (along with more updates in the future hopefully ;) ), it looks possible to make things work from a GUI standpoint for some time to come...especially on a trusty board or even a 128mb ram upgrade.

Please enjoy, please post bugs here and I will get to them as quickly as possible (tried to work out as many as I could before uploading), and as always much thanks to anyone at all that contributes to xbmc4xbox in any way.

+++ NOTE +++
I really have no intention of actually "modding" this skin whatsoever aside from what I had to do to get it running like it is. My goal was to simply see if this skin could realistically work for us (which it does), give people another gui, and to make as many of the built in options already available within the skin jive on the xbox. Also, these views in the Library will work much better with ToDDs (that's pretty much a no-brainer at this point I would think)
Last edited by byron on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
sahib12

Re: [Skin] Transparency (x4x)

Post by sahib12 »

Holy moly! This skin looks freaking epic!!! I hope it runs smoothly, cheers bryon :D
byron

Post by byron »

Everything should run very well in 480p, only real issue is language support...I managed to get like 16/65 countries in this release (very time consuming and painstakingly boring), I just guessed which ones I thought the majority of people would need. Probably not the best translations either, but better than nothing...anyone is more than welcome to help if they want to but I'm not holding my breath on that one. The media views in this skin are pretty sick, most of them flow very well too. I took a lot of time trying to make sure that it looks decent and works properly, but I had to change a lot more than I anticipated so I'm sure there are some bugs. Test it out and I'll fix em :)
valcovo

Post by valcovo »

Thank you for this skin!!!!!

This skin is great, but the disc.png don´t work in movies , the cdart.png work great in music.

It is possible to enable tv series theme music?

Sorry about my english.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

/images/flags/../
/media/flags/

Image names need to be changed because FatX filesystem doesn't support characters used in 87 files by my count.

Now I'll load it up. :) Report back if I have good results in 720p; otherwise will probably not test much 'till I install more RAM
byron

Post by byron »

@ valcovo...I've updated the OP, download and replace the 720p folder and all of your disc.png files should show up without completely crashing your session.
disc.jpg
valcova wrote:It is possible to enable tv series theme music?
Possible, yes...but it can't work right now because I don't know how to get the Cinema Experience script to work (not to mention the TvTunes script). If anyone wants to get them functioning, then it'll work...but I simply don't know how to do it and I tried believe me. BTW, how terrible was my Portuguese translation?
fxmech wrote:
/images/flags/../
/media/flags/

Image names need to be changed because FatX filesystem doesn't support characters used in 87 files by my count.
Yea, that's my mistake...I had to move them to the media folder to get my way and then I forgot to delete the other one before I uploaded it (nice catch and now "/images/flags" is no more) ;) I'm sure there are numerous problems atm, but maybe not...let me know what you think (it's pretty much a good rough draft that needs some testing and refinement)
valcovo

Post by valcovo »

Thank you very much byron,

I´ll try the new version tonight, the Portuguese translation it´s ok, one error or two , but it´s fine :lol:

If you try this version, you´ll see that it have section for games and emulatores , i miss them in this new version.

Transparency!2.11 extras lvv
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25U4b ... sp=sharing

Transparency! Fonts and Colors - for Transparency!2.11 extras lvv

Portuguese translation for Transparency (x4x)

Once again sorry about my english.
Last edited by valcovo on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byron

Post by byron »

From the official Add-on: Transparency! info spot...
12. Hi i’m a gamer and i want a Game Menu button to take me straight to all my favourite games.

Just add your Games folder to favourites and use the one of the Custom home menu buttons for this.
Note: you can use the same trick for Emulators
Note: since Programs, Games and Emulators is basically the same section in xbmc, enabling the above has one side-effect.
XBMC always remembers your last position in a certain section, so if you exit Games and next navigate to Programs, it’ll take you back to Games instead. To workaround this, also create a ‘Programs’ folder under Programs and modify these entries in Includes_Home.xml:
ActivateWindow(Programs)
to: ActivateWindow(Programs,Programs)
So you would do this (I used my music folder but just link it to games for yourself)...
CustomMenuItems.jpg
And then end up with this...which for me now takes my to my xbmc music folder (works perfectly)
On Home.jpg
As for the fonts and all that, I'll have to take a look at that stuff and see what'll work and what wont...if I can figure out a way to do it quickly I'm all for it. And thanks for the translation, what I did was better than someone having to look at empty labels at least...I'll include your accurate and credible work in with the hack job translations that I threw together...
valcovo

Post by valcovo »

Thank´s

About font and colors its for version 2.11 if anyone want to use, for me your version it´s very nice :D , and i love it.

Thank´s again.
Demon27248

Post by Demon27248 »

I just get a black screen while trying to boot to the home menu & I can only seem to be able to fix this by going to the home screen of another skin, then back to transparency, any ideas?
byron

Post by byron »

Thanks for trying it out, I'll have a look at it today. In the mean time could you please post a debug log...it will definitely speed up the process so I can see what's happening.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65
Demon27248

Post by Demon27248 »

Here you go

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=228009

I really like the skin though, note that when i got to the home screen of another skin, it plays the start up sound whereas if i start in a different skin from transparency & then swap skins, it wouldn't play any sound.
byron

Post by byron »

So based on the log, it looks like the problem is more than likely the build you're using. 31195 was pre 3.2 stable (7/25/12) and we're on 3.5 at this point. There are probably plenty of other things that aren't working properly either with that build since BuZz has updated quite a few skinning items since then. As far as startup music, pretty sure this skin doesn't have any. I would go ahead and install the latest nightly from here, and that should make the whole xmbc4xbox experience better in general (not just the skin). I tried recreating the same issue that you were describing with beta 3.5 but everything seems to be working fine there, so just try a newer build and let me know if that fixes the problem.
Demon27248

Post by Demon27248 »

Thanks, I upgraded to the latest beta version & it fixed it. The skin also had a speed increase :)

I have another question now, how do I change the background for videos, programs, etc... in your skin?
byron

Post by byron »

Awesome, glad that worked for you. As for the backgrounds (from home menu)...settings/skin settings/backgrounds. However you uncovered a bug that I missed so this feature is temporarily unavailable. I'm happy that someone is asking questions because it bleeds these things out...I'll have it fixed sometime today with a new download/checkout link for the skin.
byron

Post by byron »

Okay, so I overestimated my ability to fix this as swiftly as advertised :? I thought I had probably killed a control by accident when I was shoving through this fork, but not the case...the problem is a list control from CustomSkinSettings.xml (starting on line 856). The control seems to be fine, can't find any obvious/syntax problems within the code, but in the program it's just not pulling the <content> from the list (the content is all of the various background options in this case). I played with it all day today and yesterday, but couldn't put my finger on the problem. Anyway, I'm just about wrapped up with an update for my rapier mod and when I'm all finished with that I'll get this sorted out. Kinda tough to shift gears while involved in a different project, but it shouldn't be too long and I can focus on this...it's really nagging at me why it isn't working.
westcoastdpg

Post by westcoastdpg »

I want to use this as my default skin. Here's the problem. When I go into skin settings and try to add my own custom backgrounds - the list that shows programs, weather, music, movies, etc is invisible. I see the single image/multiple image/ default on the right but the list on the left is invisible except for the options use video background, visualization background, animated backgrounds, and animated fan art. Any help?
byron

Post by byron »

I'm pretty sure I just fixed what you're describing...there were probably more labels missing than just those but they should all be there now. Not sure how you obtained this skin (download or SVN), but if you want any easy fix for your situation SVN is easiest since that's what I just updated. If you don't have the SVN folder then get via TortoiseSVN checkout/export from the following link if you wish (hopefully you're familiar with the process):

http://xbmc4xbox-optimised-skins.google ... ansparency (x4x)/trunk/

or if you already have it you can just update that folder via SVN Update.

if you're really lazy like me and you just want the CustomSkinSettings.xml then you can do this via TotoiseSVN/Export (but it's nice to have the whole tree in case something else comes up):

http://xbmc4xbox-optimised-skins.google ... ansparency (x4x)/trunk/720p/CustomSkinSettings.xml

That will allow you to grab only that file and nothing else...thanks for bringing this to my attention btw, if anything else comes up let me know and I'll address it asap ;)
westcoastdpg

Post by westcoastdpg »

Wow! Thank you very much! That was really quick lol. I am not familiar with the svn process but I'm downloading the program and it sounds like you basically gave me the instructions in the post. I think I can figure it out if I have any trouble I'll let you know. Thank you again!
westcoastdpg

Post by westcoastdpg »

Thanks byron I got it downloaded through svn and can confirm from my end that everything I was talking about is fixed. This is a really professional looking skin and thanks again for the help.