NeMesiS TSOP Flasher & Auto Installer 3.0

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
NeMesiS

NeMesiS TSOP Flasher & Auto Installer 3.0

Post by NeMesiS »

About my Xbox History;

Almost over ten years ago during the golden age of the original xbox, I used to do alot of xbox modding in order of making a few extra dollars whilst at university. I would modify anything upto 20 xbox's every week and most included a hard drive upgarde. Most of my local competition only used basic BIOS's and Dashboards like Evox but never really undertstood the full potential of the original xbox. Utilising XBMC as the main dashboard its appearance and features far surpassed that of anyother dashboard and became one of my main selling points. Early on I noticed the huge advantage of TSOP flashing consoles which eliminated the need for an expensive modchip. This meant an extra 80 dollars in my pocket per xbox console as I would still charge clients for a modchip that I was no longer using. When things were busy I had a supplier that sent me consoles between versions 1.0 and 1.5 that I would TSOP flash and upgrade the hard drive then sell online which gave me a huge profit margin...

About NMS TSOP Flasher;

TSOP Flashing so many consoles in needed a simple, quick and reliable way of doing so. This was when I created the first version of the tool which I kept to myself until the release of the xbox 360. Once the xbox 360 was released it very quickly killed the demand for modified orignal xbox consoles so I released a public version of my creation called "NMS TSOP Flasher 2.0" which can be found at xbins, it also included a Auto Installer for hard drive upgrades. Due to the bad timing of the release it never got the attention to go main stream even though there was a few fellow modders that admired it. Ten years on and Ive decided to revisit a past time of mine & update my creation as there seems to be a growing demand for this sort of thing lately...

What NMS TSOP Flasher does;

Being designed for virgin consoles it uses any exploitable game and memory card to run the TSOP Flasher Tool. Following a few simple steps it will backup the BIOS, eeprom, hddkey and xbox dashboard then identify the xbox version, check the bios and soldered bridge points, flash your TSOP accordingly supporting all TSOP chips including sharp and winbond. After flashing it will format f:\ partition and unlock the original xbox hard drive. Evoxdash and two applications will be installed "TSOP Flasher Tool" which will allow you to flash the TSOP with an alternative BIOS and "TSOP Restore Tool" which contains a copy of your original BIOS and can restore your xbox TSOP back to original. Reseting the xbox will run evoxdash where then you could either FTP or use a DVD/CDRW auto-installer to install XBMC and other applications...

Its currently still a work in progress but I hope to have it completed and fully tested within a couple of weeks. I could use some help in acquiring a copy of "XBpartitioner 1.3" as I've found it quite difficult to find and isnt within the xbins files, every other download link seems to end up no where or requiring me to sign up to something which I'm not very fond of...

FEATURES;

#NMS TSOP Flasher 3.0

SaveGame Exploit
Supports all exploitable games
007: Agent Under Fire
Mech Assault
SplinterCell PAL
SplinterCell NTSC

XBox Versions 1.0 to 1.5
256k BIOS flashed with evoxdash
Winbond flashed with Raincoat

TSOP CHIP
All supported including sharp and winbond

BIOS
iND 5004.67

BOOT
1st - c:\default.xbe (XBMC - main dash)
2nd - c:\evoxdash.xbe (EvoX - backup dash)
3rd - c:\xboxdash.xbe (MSdash - original dash)

Applications Installed
Xbox Version Detection (added)
Xbox BIOS Detection (added)
EvoX Dashboard 3935
Raincoat 0.5 Automated

#NMS Auto Installer 3.0

Hard Disk Drive Format Support
Evoxdash for 16kb cluster size for supprt upto 256Gb HDD
XBpartitioner for 32kb cluster size for support between 256Gb & 512GB HDD (added)
XBpartitioner for 64kb cluster size for support between 512Gb & 2Tb HDD (added)

Applications Installed
EvoX Dashboard 3935
XBMC4XBOX 3.5 Stable (updated)
DVD2XBOX 7.8
Config Magic Final
XBpartitioner 1.3 (added)

#NMS TSOP Flasher (Xbox App)

Just a xbox application version of the TSOP Flasher with all the same features without the need of an exploitable game and memory card for softmodded xbox consoles etc...
Last edited by NeMesiS on Tue May 26, 2015 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeMesiS

Re: NeMesiS TSOP Flasher & Auto Installer 3.0

Post by NeMesiS »

--------------------------------------------------
NMS TSOP Flasher 3.0 GUI using EvoX
1) TSOP Flasher:
#non Winbond
#Winbond only

2) Prepare HDD

3) Networking

4) EXIT
#XBMC
#EvoX
#MSdash
#Reboot
#Shutdown
NMS Auto-Installer 3.0 GUI using EvoX
1) Install XBMC

2) Retail HDD

3) Upgrade HDD
#Prepare HDD
#250Gb+ HDD
#XBpartitioner 1.3

4) EXIT
#XBMC
#EvoX
#MSdash
#Reboot
#Shutdown

Basically 4 easy steps;
1) Identify your Xbox
2) Flash your TSOP
3) Prepare you HDD
4) Install XBMC
Last edited by NeMesiS on Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

Xbox-hq.com and sppv-apps.com may have the version you need, sppv may even be of some help should you need it, hes still actively developing sid softmods and aid (babylon2) as well as emulators.

I have 2 machines (both) v1.0 to tsop (im a tsop virgin) so this thread piqued my interest.

Can it be installed as an app as i hotswap softmod sid (latest version) as it requires nothing but usb stick (for xboxhdm usb version inataller) and ide pc.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

seriouslycgi wrote:Can it be installed as an app as i hotswap softmod sid (latest version) as it requires nothing but usb stick (for xboxhdm usb version inataller) and ide pc.
Personally I'm not farmiliar with softmodding at all but I will be including a "App" version for already softmodded and hardmodded original xbox consoles.

The "NMS TSOP Flasher" Exploit version could also be used with a usb stick if you have the know how to do so rather using a original xbox memory card.
seriouslycgi wrote:Xbox-hq.com and sppv-apps.com may have the version you need
Thanks for the heads up, these sites will become very useful & have already located XBpartitioner1.3 thanks to your help.

Alot has changed over the past ten years, "Xbox-Scene.com" used to be the place to go. However I've noticed their forums are completely down which is very disapointing as there would have been alot of tutorials and other useful information that has become lost forever. The automated version of raincoat0.5 would have been one of those things to be lost forever but thankfully there was a copy within my old "NMS TSOP Flasher 2.0" which I was very supprised to have found in "xbins", as I no longer had a copy of my own.
seriouslycgi wrote:I have 2 machines (both) v1.0 to tsop (im a tsop virgin) so this thread piqued my interest.
NMS TSOP Flasher Tool was desgined to be simple, quick & reliable. Even the most basic noob with little to no xbox modding knowledge can follow a few easy steps. Where most auto installers and similar xbox tools are overwhelmed with multiple BIOS and Dashboard options. Here the X2.4981 BIOS has been pre-picked but can be easily changed. "Evolution-X 3935" dashboard installed by the "TSOP Flasher Tool" as a temporary bashboard until XBMC can be installed using a FTP client or "NMS Auto Installer" which will make "XBMC4XBOX 3.5 (Oct, 2014)" the dashboard, so theres no need for anyother out of date dashboards like avalaunch, etc...
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

I stand corrected and Xbox-Scene forums are back online.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php
Im not sure what happened but I know while Ive been working on the "TSOP Flasher" tool for the past couple of weeks I had not been able to access the forums. To my surprise the forums were up and running today, happy days... :D
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

Reading your first post again makes me feel so noob, ive hotswap modded about 10 machines, never tsop'd. Im so late id have to skip the last generation to be a pro modder. thats sad.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

Ive been busy last couple of days but its time to get stuck back into it... I managed to find an old xbox on ebay for $20 and the guy happened to be a few houses up from me, love it when things work out so perfectly... He wasnt sure of the state of the console but I got it home booted no problems and the Xecuter logo was on confirming it was modded. It obviously was just purely for playing pirated games as it only had the original dashboard. Cracked it open, version 1.1 with samsung drive and some crappy generic single boot modchip with SST chip... I quickly replaced it with an "Aladdin Advance" (also with SST chip) I had laying around giving me duel boot, the orignal BIOS (TSOP) or the modded BIOS (Modchip)...
Attachments
DSC04182.JPG
DSC04183.JPG
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

NMS TSOP Flasher 3.0 (exploit) GUI

Again Ive been using "Evo-X" as the Graphical User Interface...
I've had to remove "Version Detector" & "BIOS Checker" apps as they would not load with retail BIOS/Kernel but I was able to incorporate it within "Evo-X" by determining the xbox version based on the retail kernal version and the retail BIOS MD5 algorithm... I aquired MD5's by downloading all known retail BIOSs, using EBtool to retrieve the MD5 and cross referencing some from "BIOS Checker v50" bioses.ini...
Attachments
DSC04198.JPG
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

For preservation sake will there be illustrated instructions included for doing the tsop bridges? The sites may go offline but if you include either your own or pdf/html copies of instructions it will be lasting.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

seriouslycgi wrote:For preservation sake will there be illustrated instructions included for doing the tsop bridges?
Heres the tutorial from NMS TSOP Flasher 2.0, not alot has changed but I may update it...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/82753230/Xb ... asher-2.0-
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

MrMajst3r wrote:Where Can I download?
It is currently incomplete and will need atleast another week or so...
However I could use some help if there are people willing to do some testing.
MrMajst3r wrote:I suggest changing X2 4983 to X2 4981 anyway, because the newer one has problems with bigger harddrives.
Thanks for the heads up...
MrMajst3r wrote:Could you add an option with several bioses to choose?
I use X2 5035 and IND-BIOS 5004.
Ive considered these BIOSs but for example in regards to the "X2 5035" its only availble as a 512k BIOS, where I need 1024k for xb version 1.0-1.1 and 256k for 1.2-1.5 and I dont think theres a application that can change it to the sizes I require. I've read somewhere that they did this on purpose for some reason...

Plus the main objective is to keep this as simple and user friendly as possible, even if that means I have to restrict the user to only one BIOS type. However its not hard for advanced users to change the BIOS files to whatever they desire...

Ive started with making "NMS TSOP Flasher 3.0" exploit as it is extremely difficult to create. In order for this exploit to be able to fit a original xbox memory card I am limited to a total of less than 8mb which restricts how much I can put on there. However I will be able to improvise more within the application version of the TSOP Flasher Tool which I'll work on next...
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Software looks good - is it available as yet?

I'm trying to flash a 1.4 TSOP so I can use a 500Gb HDD but every tool I try opens a box that says its 'Erasing' and just sits there doing nothing until I reboot it...
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

NeMesiS wrote:Ive considered these BIOSs but for example in regards to the "X2 5035" its only availble as a 512k BIOS, where I need 1024k for xb version 1.0-1.1 and 256k for 1.2-1.5 and I dont think theres a application that can change it to the sizes I require. I've read somewhere that they did this on purpose for some reason...
Evox flash tool* automatically resizes (read "duplicates") to the correct size for your version of flash device. For example, a 256K BIOS is automatically duplicated** thrice to make a 1024K image to flash into a V1.0/1.1 TSOP.

(* deployed by HeXEn for non-Winbond flashing.)

(** can one duplicate thrice? Or does one "quadplicate"? Curse Latin!)
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Geeba wrote:Software looks good - is it available as yet?

I'm trying to flash a 1.4 TSOP so I can use a 500Gb HDD but every tool I try opens a box that says its 'Erasing' and just sits there doing nothing until I reboot it...
I'll take a guess that it's a Winbond, and you're not using the Gentoox loader* to attempt flash writing.

(* deployed by HeXEn for Winbond flashing.)
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

spicemuseum wrote:

I'll take a guess that it's a Winbond, and you're not using the Gentoox loader* to attempt flash writing.

Aha!

Yes its a winbond! and I was using evo-x.... I did try and find Gentoox but couldnt find it... Will this solve my problems? :D
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

Hope you dont mind, but that site wanted $9 to download your document file so i saved the whole page as a pdf.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

spicemuseum wrote:

HeXen doesnt work ether.... It boots fine.. I go to option 3... then option 3.3 (Winbond Flash) the go to 3.3.2 Flash iND BIOS (F ONLY) go through all the menu selecting YES (please flash my fkin XBOX) and it installs something, launches UnleashX and then GenToox... which then says "Checking Disk... (!!) - followed by "please insert a boot disk and close the DVD tray..." before hanging...

Scrap that.. sussed it... logitech wireless controllers we not working once Gentoox had booted... used a wired one and it now has IND BIOS running... ;)
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Geeba wrote:
spicemuseum wrote:

Aha!

Yes its a winbond! and I was using evo-x.... I did try and find Gentoox but couldnt find it... Will this solve my problems? :D
Yes. It's on there. Remember that you need to use a genuine XBOX controller, Gentoox doesn't recognise 3rd party controllers :-(.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Geeba wrote:Scrap that.. sussed it... logitech wireless controllers we not working once Gentoox had booted... used a wired one and it now has IND BIOS running... ;)
Huzzah!

Now, shall we stop hijacking Nemesis's thread and use a new one...? :-)
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

seriouslycgi wrote:Hope you dont mind, but that site wanted $9 to download your document file so i saved the whole page as a pdf.
Really... I didnt post it ther personally, I found it by chance threw a google seach... I will include updated tutorial when i get up to it.
spicemuseum wrote:Now, shall we stop hijacking Nemesis's thread and use a new one...? :-)
All good you raised some good points...
spicemuseum wrote:Evox flash tool* automatically resizes (read "duplicates") to the correct size for your version of flash device. For example, a 256K BIOS is automatically duplicated** thrice to make a 1024K image to flash into a V1.0/1.1 TSOP.
I cant believe I didnt already know this, well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the tip...