ATX TO XBOX CONVERSION

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
professor_jonny

ATX TO XBOX CONVERSION

Post by professor_jonny »

I downloaded this from the last site ages ago and is a small circuit to convert a pc power supply to work with an xbox.

i cant remember who uploaded it but thanks you know who you are :-)
AXTToXboxPowerSupplyConverterBoard.jpg
asbo

Re: ATX TO XBOX CONVERSION

Post by asbo »

I posted this one on the old forum:
This is for xbox 1.0 and 1.1 only. Credit goes to someone at xboxscene (I can't remember who) who'd done a really messy sketch that I redrew and changed slightly . The transistor in the original was a c547b but I'm sure you can use any old npn one.

I don't remember seeing that hand drawn one.
xman

Re: ATX TO XBOX CONVERSION

Post by xman »

Scale that picture back down and it "IS" the artwork for the P.C. board. I enlarged it solely for easier viewing on the old forum. The spacing between the pads should be that of regular IC spacings as a guide to scale to as I used them as the pads in the drawing. Once reduced to it's proper size, copy to paper, cut to the board size, stick to the copper side of your copper clad board using sticky tape making sure you have sticky tape covering the whole board, (this will stop your 1mm drill bit from traveling when you drill the holes) ;) Once you drill all the holes, cut off the paper and tape and freehand draw the tracks with a "Delo Pen". Wait for the resin to dry over 2 days and then drop the board in board acid. Leave in the acid till all unpainted copper is eaten away. ( About 1/2 hour). Pull board out, wash with water/ detergent. Sand copperside, track side of your board with 1000 grit wet and dry using wet till copper tracks are shiny. Dry and solder your parts in. Once parts are soldered in and legs of components are all cut flush, spray the copperside of board with clear P.C. board paint. Stops corrosion over time. ;)
Anonymous. ;)