Cannot flash a 1.4V Xbox

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
hyrulebr

Cannot flash a 1.4V Xbox

Post by hyrulebr »

Hi

I have a Xbox 1.4v that recently I changed the TSOP to a Alladin just to make easier to flash the bios.

But, I getting error "manufacturers id 09 device id 00 !! flash not writeable!!" using spider chip.

Are my xbox still seeing the TSOP? Because everything I found this error was related to TSOP and winbond chips (I don't know if mine have the winbond thing).

My alladin have a Lattice LC4064V and a SST 49LF020

I can't know what flash code is it (bioscheck only shows MODCHIP), but since all my friend that have the same 49LF020 flashed sucessfully using "52bf" I use it as well. Please see attached the evox.ini from spider chip.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Mauricio
Attachments
evox.rar
Evox.ini from spider
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
professor_jonny

Re: Cannot flash a 1.4V Xbox

Post by professor_jonny »

If it comes up with 00 flash id that it means you have not bridged the tsop flash points correctly or it cant find a modchip's flash rom, this may happen if the tsop points are not bridged and the chip is not installed properly and ouyu are trying to flash the chip.

it may be still booting from the tsop.

I'm a little bit confused but:

if you are you booting from the chip then pulling it out to flash the tsop by chance ?

If so that is the problem you can only flash the tsop if you boot from it.

I would boot from the chip then ftp the softmod files from the pc or install a softmod from an auto installer dvd.

Then you then need to lock the drive reboot into the softmod then you can try flash the tsop if it still comes up with the same error check your soldering.

there is a few exceptions if you have a specific chip and bios on the chip but you don't have the correct chip to do this or possibly the correct bios on the
chip to do it.

if it is all ready tsoped then I would check what bios is on there and update it if it needs it and leave it at that.
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr »

Hi Professor!

Yes the old TSOP flash points are not bridged but I'm not trying to flash it. I'm trying to flash the modchip but it seams that the flash program can only see the TSOP not the modchip.

Can the modchip not be properly installed but boot and work all fine? I know that it's working and I'm booting from the modchip because TSOP BIOS doesn't have an EVOX logo in boot screen and now I can see it. :)

No, I'm not booting from the modchip and then pulling it out. I'm booting from the modchip and want to flash the modchip. Can I totally disable tsop?

Thanks

Mauricio
professor_jonny

On some aladins you need to bridge a jumper to be able to flash them as the chip will suit two different flash chips and you need to set the jumper in the correct location to be able to flash them, some were factory set in the wrong position and did not suit the flash chips installed in them.

Some you need to do a long press of the power button to enable flashing.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=13&t=22
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr »

professor_jonny wrote:On some aladins you need to bridge a jumper to be able to flash them as the chip will suit two different flash chips and you need to set the jumper in the correct location to be able to flash them, some were factory set in the wrong position and did not suit the flash chips installed in them.

Some you need to do a long press of the power button to enable flashing.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=13&t=22
Mine xbox is a 1.4 and Alladin have a Socket to connect to the motherboard. The only point connected in the motherboard is BT. Which points I have to bridge? BT and GRD?
Attachments
forum3.gif
forum2.gif
professor_jonny

bt connects to the button on the front panel on your one and I believe you need to hold the power button to unlock the flash but I'm not 100%

that chip is kind of hard to find as it has lcd output it is not the aladdin chip that requires modification to work correctly I believe.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

You also need to ground the d0 point or it will always boot from the TSOP.

You should be able to just ground BT to the ground pad on the chip also.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

On all my modchips i solder d0 from the mainboard to ground (i use the ground from the screw which is close to LPC header), and on all the modchips i solder bt to ground on the chip board.
This method allways worked for me.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr »

cashonly wrote:On all my modchips i solder d0 from the mainboard to ground (i use the ground from the screw which is close to LPC header), and on all the modchips i solder bt to ground on the chip board.
This method allways worked for me.
Hi

What I remember form my installation is a wire from screw near LPC header to BT and another wire from screw to a point in motherboard that I´m asuming is d0. But I´ll open it again to confirm d0.

Thanks

Mauricio
professor_jonny

you earth D0 to force boot from external flashchip mounted on the LPC port.

The bt is used to enable/ disable the chip in most cases and is usually wired to the eject or power button on the front panel or earthed also.