Softmod ungraded HDD wont read DVD's

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
dballs

Softmod ungraded HDD wont read DVD's

Post by dballs »

v1.6 softmod works great.

Made a 500 gb HDD with HDM 1.9. Locked and loads to default M$ dash fine.

Here's the problem. No (tested and working) DVD players plays dvd's/games (to re-softmod) ive tried 3. It gets "Your Xbox can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's a xbox game, DVD...". If I let the M$ dash fully load and pop in the game (splinter cell in this case) the dash freezes for a minute or so then gives the same error. If i start it with a game in the dvd player and turn on the xbox it takes a longggg time (several minutes) and then goes to the M$ dash and gives the same, Error.

Thoughts? I don't care about having a working dvd player but I do need to load the softmod...
blighty

Re: Softmod ungraded HDD wont read DVD's

Post by blighty »

I would try cleaning the laser anyway I can or I would borrow another dvd drive for a minute or two from another xbox to get the job done - then you can sort out your cluster size then fill it up and enjoy ;)
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Solving the problem a different way, why don't you put the softmod files in the correct places in your XBOXHDM file strcuture, then rebuild the hard disc.
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

Just a thought but you might want to try and move the Master/Slave jumper on your HDD to CS or MASTER, whichever you're not currently set to.

Maybe the IDE controller is having a hard time with your new HDD.
dballs

Post by dballs »

Thanks for the reply guys.

blighty: I have tried 3 different tested and working DVD Drives. I have literally booted a game with one DVD drive in another xbox, unplugged it and plugged it into this new xbox and it says it can read the disc. I have tried cleaning it also.

spicemuseum: I have directly copied all my C and E folders from the original xbox hard drive after softmodding it and placed those same files in my HDM folders along with the eeprom in its folder. What else can I do to make the drive more correctly? ]

psyko_chewbacca: I tried moving the jumper and got error 07. I tried another sata to IDE converter with the same results.

I do have a TSOP (x2.5035) box I can use if there are any other work arounds you guys can think of. When i just put the drive in the TSOP box it tries to load the config file, which obviously isn't there but should still boot either disc or to the M$ dash, but the front LED just starts flashing...
Last edited by dballs on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

What IDE cable you using? Most adapters don't work with the 40 wire version (default xbox one)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
dballs

Post by dballs »

Both a 80 and a 40. tried em both. tried a couple different adapters too. Im gonna keep trying different combos...
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

I do have a TSOP (x2.5035) box I can use if there are any other work arounds you guys can think of. When i just put the drive in the TSOP box it tries to load the config file, which obviously isn't there but should still boot either disc or to the M$ dash, but the front LED just starts flashing...
The xbox won't load that HDD if its locked to another EEPROM, if it was unlocked then that xbox would load the drive fine.

The loading config screen is the bios waiting for the HDD to initialize, so it can read the config file.

So there a pre a few ways to get this working without a disc.

1, unlock the drive, with HDM & use the Tsop drive to sick the correct files on. (Then lock the HDD with your 1.6 EEPROM) (use chimp)
2, use HDM to softmod your xbox. (There are tutorials)

Check all connection, or upload some images/videos for use to see :-)
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

dballs wrote:spicemuseum: I have directly copied all my C and E folders from the original xbox hard drive after softmodding it and placed those same files in my HDM folders along with the eeprom in its folder. What else can I do to make the drive more correctly?
Sounds good to me.

dballs wrote:I do have a TSOP (x2.5035) box I can use if there are any other work arounds you guys can think of. When i just put the drive in the TSOP box it tries to load the config file, which obviously isn't there but should still boot either disc or to the M$ dash, but the front LED just starts flashing...
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but...
X2.5035 is a v1.6 only BIOS, which means it can't be a TSOP.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

dballs wrote:spicemuseum: I have directly copied all my C and E folders from the original xbox hard drive after softmodding it and placed those same files in my HDM folders along with the eeprom in its folder. What else can I do to make the drive more correctly?
Did you disable the shadow C protection before coping everything over? If not all you got was a stock C drive :-/

spicemuseum wrote:
dballs wrote:I do have a TSOP (x2.5035) box I can use if there are any other work arounds you guys can think of. When i just put the drive in the TSOP box it tries to load the config file, which obviously isn't there but should still boot either disc or to the M$ dash, but the front LED just starts flashing...
Yes wrong lol.
It can be flashed to v1.0/1.1 xboxes, I was testing it out the other day, since people say its good & most use it. It's not good lol ind-bios so much better, more features & I can hide the damn config! (Custom config path)
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Rocky5 wrote:
spicemuseum wrote:
Yes wrong lol.
It can be flashed to v1.0/1.1 xboxes, I was testing it out the other day, since people say its good & most use it. It's not good lol ind-bios so much better, more features & I can hide the damn config! (Custom config path)
Thanks - I clearly had brain fade.
I know why...
It's a 512k BIOS which won't fit in a v1.2-v1.5 TSOP. ...and of course it comes in a specific v16plus variety for v1.6 boxes with modchip.
There. Excuses out of the way. Apologies for any confusion caused.
dballs

Post by dballs »

Well I took the HDD out and tried to unlock it with HDM and go an error. It sees the drive but then says:

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: DMA disabled
hdb: DMA disabled

Then once it finally loads and i try xboxunlock -a or xboxhd (depedning on what i chose in HDM) it says "No drive on master. Connect a drive and reboot" (or something of that nature).

Is the drive F'ed?