xbox component to hdmi

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
garet74

xbox component to hdmi

Post by garet74 »

hi guys :)i have a little question about a problem that i have with two xbox in ntsc at 720p and only one component in my tv.my first idea was to buy a component switch...but i don't know ..i'm pretty sure that i can probably put my money in the trash..then i think..for make the component signal to work i have cutted the cable of the xbox and resoldered the connector ,after that i have build a case where i have placed my 5 rca, 3 for video and two for audio ,after that i normally connected this rca to my component input on my tv.my question is this:can i connect to my xbox cable an hdmi connector for connect my xbox with hdmi...hdmi it's not the same of component..i don't know if i'm right..that's why i need your experience:) bye brothers
trogggy

Re: xbox component to hdmi

Post by trogggy »

A component switch would work - I use an old Bandridge switch to share the components outputs from xbox / xbox360 / Wii and the only problem is I have to get off my backside to switch it - I know people have experienced ghosting with the cheap Chinese component switches from ebay though.
Component is an analogue signal, HDMI is digital so you can't just wire one into the other - you can use a component-HDMI converter... they work fine, I use one between my component switch and tv.
garet74

Post by garet74 »

ms_zIZeuG7jeM0Hq1Nam0XQ.jpg
ms_zIZeuG7jeM0Hq1Nam0XQ.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
This can not work? because for me it's very perfect...i have a box with my 5 female rca that exit from my xbox...itworks?
trogggy

Post by trogggy »

garet74 wrote: This can not work?
No chance. You need an adapter to go from component to HDMI, not just a cable. They're very different signals.

Edit: this sort of thing...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Component-RGB ... 232748dd96

garet74

Post by garet74 »

yes, you are right,that cable can't work :), what do you think about?a component switch box or a component to hdmi converter?i'am not sure about that..what's better?
trogggy

Post by trogggy »

In theory a good component switch would be better - it doesn't use power and every time you convert a signal (eg component to HDMI) the quality will be less - this may or may not not be noticeable. Either would do the job though.
garet74

Post by garet74 »

yesterday i see a post where a vga switch have been used like a component switch..and now i found an old but beatiful(=free)parallel printer switch..that i'm sure it can works...it has one output and four inputs..it's perfect.i have only to solder the five connector and i have a four port component switch..i hope...any suggestions?