Component Cable gone bad?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
marct

Component Cable gone bad?

Post by marct »

hopefully someone can help in some way!

I've recently softmodded my xbox and been running it fine through the composite cable. I bought a set of component cables (cheapo set sadly) which ran fine for a matter of minutes until I switched to the original MS dashboard after fiddling with video options. First the xbox started rebooting itself and now all I get is a 'no signal' screen on my main tv (defaults to a blue screen when bad/low signal). I then tried on another tv and managed to get into it fine and check video settings were back to PAL etc, plugged back into the other tv and still no joy.... now on the second tv all I get is a swirly purple version of the menu with full sound (like an old school untuned tv). Is this just a bad cable or have I doen some damage fiddling with settings?

Cheers!
xman

Re: Component Cable gone bad?

Post by xman »

When or if you get a screen up again you can see, go into XBMC info and see what it believes the cable is you have plugged in. It should say component when ever that cable is plugged in irrespective of the settings. You would be wise to check the TV settings and makes sure it is set to 720p as well.
professor_jonny

Re: Component Cable gone bad?

Post by professor_jonny »

I think a purple tint means either the PB or PR is missing as the green signal is derived from deducting one signal form another by the tv with a ypbpr connection.

Check your cable and try another TV if you have the option, if your TV does not support a mode the Xbox supplies you will get a funny picture if any at all and all bets are off what will appear on the display with an unsupported mode.