Changing XBE reigon on xbox?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

I brought a 128mb xbox of here a while ago which came over from Germany. Everything works great but after transferring a few backup xbox games onto the harddrive I've realised these games now play in German (German audio, menu etc.).

The xbox is using the ind-bios and the hard drive is unlocked. A little searching on Google makes me think the eeprom is relevant and I need to alter the xbe region on it for the games to play in English. I've found some info on using configmagic to alter the eeprom but it seems I could end up wrecking the xbox.

If anyone can provide any advice on this or point in the direction of a comprehensive guide that would be much appreciated!
clabs

Re: Changing XBE reigon on xbox?

Post by clabs »

Dan

I had exactly this problem with 2 boards from N64 Freak. I simply booted to the MS Dash and changed the language settings there and bingo - all the games on the HDD back to English again.

Hope that helps.
dan.h

Re: Changing XBE reigon on xbox?

Post by dan.h »

Ha thanks for the advice clabs, didn't realise it was that simple!
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Got another problem some games will hung up ( burnout 3 breakdown). I test it with the 1ghz patched xbe and without it. But the game hungs at the point where I must give gas. Ok the files are corrupt. New copied game working.