Displaying items

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
sixties keith

Displaying items

Post by sixties keith »

Ok so Ive starting collecting quite abit of stuff for the original xbox, just wondering what way anyone who collects displays their controllers? I dont like just setting them beside the console, are there things you can buy to hold them up etc

Btw always looking more xbox stuff, if your selling let me know :D

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
PhobosDevourer

Re: Displaying items

Post by PhobosDevourer »

Why not try to make your own display for them?
I got some scrap pc junk that i can probably mess with to make one, will post results soon since im on vacation, wish me luck!
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Here's my setup. This was a refrigerator at one point at a local Starbucks and I was allowed to save it from the dumpster. It's moderately thick glass all around and the front 2 panels slide sideways to access the inside. The whole front also opens up like a big door. I cleaned it out and got new florescent bulbs for it and it's been a great case ever since.
I lined the bottom with a thick-plastic bubble-wrap type material.
There's a few more controllers elsewhere, these are just the better ones that are in good shape. Most have been cleaned and had their sticks replaced.
The top two racks just happen to be the perfect size for storing Xboxes. The bottom of the Xbox is in a recessed area of the metal rack and a lip goes around each one so they can't move around up there.
Last edited by GoTeamScotch on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

That's pretty cool...
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

yup that really is cool indeed hopefully will have a collection like that at some point. I bought a couple of cheap fan bases (those things with the 3 fans for cooling) only to have the xbox sitting nice. Its higher at the back than the front and so give a nice angled look to the displayed console. furthermore i didnt want the pad just sitting beside it i wanted it sitting up, much like the holders you would see in game, cex etc

started looking into old photo frame housings, theres one in particular im after which has a plastic back mount that comes off, it looks like the thing in the pic below obv, without the xbox decals etc but if i could even get some of these

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

also found this one which might suit me when my storage runs out on the shelving

xman

Post by xman »

Sunglasses display holders 60's.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

xman that could well work thanks

btw does anyone else on here know if there was an original xbox version of the 360 controller holder above, and if so where do i buy them?

fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I bet something like that could be 3d printed...

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk