Home > News, Releases > XBMC4Xbox 3.5 RC2 is out

XBMC4Xbox 3.5 RC2 is out

September 5th, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

Unfortunately RTMP streaming was broken in RC1 due so it’s time for another release – XBMC4Xbox 3.5 RC2. It also gives us the opportunity to show off the new branding before the final 3.5 release.

Changes since 3.5 RC1 include:

• Fix for the RTMP streaming issue.
  • Updates to PolarSSL, librtmp and libcurl as well as the Curl VFS.
  • Update FFmpeg Libraries to 1.2.8.
  • Update translations from Transifex.
  • Added missing hard disk / DVD information on Confluence Lite system info page.
  • New splash screen / branding.

More changes have been included than we expected after the initial release candidate. This is due to some updates that were planned before, but got overlooked, as well as some fixes for problems reported by users. Thanks to everyone who tested 3.5 RC1 and reported back to us. In addition our PolarSSL was rather out of date, so it made sense to rebuild librtmp and libcurl against a newer version (and update them in the process) . Thanks to Sean for reminding me to pull in the Transifex translation updates.

We finally have a new branding/logo design – massive thanks to SwedishGojira for his work on this. The logo is already being used on this site, but you can also find it on the new XBMC4Xbox splash screen. Hope you like it – we do! 🙂

For those building from source, 3.5-rc2 is tagged in SVN at https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xbox/tags/3.5-rc2

The new XBMC4Xbox splash

Categories: News, Releases Tags:
  1. whufclee
    September 6th, 2014 at 00:38 | #1

Nice quick turnaround as usual BuZz, cheers 🙂

2. RextheC
    September 7th, 2014 at 10:12 | #2

Thank you guys. New Logo looks very good ;-D

3. toribio
    September 7th, 2014 at 17:20 | #3

uh, im sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, but where do i download it?

by the way, all the work you guys do 13 years after, almost puts the xbox one multimedia capabilities to shame

4. toribio
    September 7th, 2014 at 17:27 | #4

@toribio
    never mind, ive already got it, thanks anyway, BTW new logo looks cool

5. MRN3
    September 7th, 2014 at 23:15 | #5

Hey, nice new Boot Logo, great work as usual, keep it up, keep the xbox shining.

Thank you very much for your work.

Greets MRN3 🙂

6. felixthecat
    September 11th, 2014 at 06:46 | #6

ok unlike toribio.. i dont have it lol.. where can one get the newest build?

7. joejoe2079
    September 21st, 2014 at 11:20 | #7

Hi guys,
    Don’t know if this is a new bug, or already existed, or if it’s just me being dumb, but I can’t get the “autorun” feature to work.
    I have autoplay enabled in the settings, but when I put a DVD or original game disk in, or even if I have one already in the tray when I boot up XBMC, it doesn’t autoplay & I have to go to the “play disc” option on the home screen.
    Not a big deal but just thought I’d mention it seeing as you’re making changes at the moment.

Also, couple of additional ideas/feature requests:
    – would it be possible to include an option to switch the sound output to mono? For me that would help as my TV is a little bit screwed and it’s often hard to hear dialogue unless the audio comes though in mono for some reason. And if I have that issue, then guessing other people might too…
    – I often want to switch subtitles on/off quickly, but to do that I have to navigate to the bottom of the playback audio menu which is pretty inconvenient. If you could hook up “enable/disable subtitles” to a button on the xbox remote – maybe one of the number buttons like with volume, that would be really great (i.e. have an equivalent of the “subtitle” button that you find on most DVD player remotes).

Anyway just ideas.

Thanks for all the hard work.
    Joe

8. BuZz
    September 21st, 2014 at 13:19 | #8

@joejoe2079
    this is not a good place for feature requests or bugs – please use the forum for help initially.

9. gone
    October 5th, 2014 at 23:59 | #9

Hello. Good work. Just i lag and freeze 60sec after play rtsp freebox tv (dvdplayer) and freeze dvd after play divx. Xbox 720p xbmc rc2 . Sorry for bad english. I am french. Mplayer no run rtsp?

10. DanyF
    October 14th, 2014 at 23:15 | #10

Hey, I love the news confluence interface and the new version 3.5 RC2. ( My last version was 3.2 stable ) . I’m wondering if it would be possible to add the possiblity for locally scrapêd NFO only in the video section? This is mainly because i use media center master as a scraper and all my info are locally based in their respectives folders and i wouldnt want XMBC to overwrite those infos when all the infos its needs are there already.

Great work i hope this project is kept maintained

11. DanyF
    October 14th, 2014 at 23:19 | #11

I’m also aware of my horrible writting.

12. spike
    November 3rd, 2014 at 00:33 | #12

Awesome work – XBMX4xbox is an amazing package and the new release continues to demonstrate fantastic usability and performance.
    The fact it plays just about anything without complaining is the best.

I bow before the guru-like skills of the XBMC4Xbox team.

13. lucky
    October 8th, 2015 at 18:33 | #13

I Love to use xbmc rc2

This blog is kept spam free by WP-SpamFree.