Home > News > XBMC4Xbox Remote 2.9.5 for Android

XBMC4Xbox Remote 2.9.5 for Android

Changelog:

• v2.9.5 (Sun, 12 Jan 2014):
    • Main:
      - better use of space on large screens / landscape mode;
    • Movies, Music, Addons, System Info, Analytics, Feeds:
      - horizontal swiping between tabs (“Library” tabs require edge swiping)
    • Translation :
      - French, Spanish (first draft)
    • Technology changes (ActionBarCompat, Picasso, OkHttp);
  • v2.9.4 (Sun, 1 Dec 2013):
    • TV Episodes :
      - fill entire horizontal space (collapsible);
      - display fanart background;
    • Media Send :
      - YouTube filter too broad (listed for URLs that could not be handled);
      - allow to send other media URLs (HTTP, audio + video);
  • v2.9.3 (Fri, 29 Nov 2013) :
    • Main:
      - ability to add new XBMC4Xbox entries (spinner);
    • Movies > Library:
      - group movies by first letter (collapsible);
      - fill entire horizontal space;
    • Analytics :
      - show country flags;
  • v2.9.2 (Sun, 3 Nov 2013):
    • Crashing at startup or missing premium features
  • v2.9.1 (Sat, 2 Nov 2013):
    • Widget – home / lock screen:
      - full functionality to premium only;
  • v2.9.0 (Sat, 12 Oct 2013):
    • Touchpad:
      - full functionality available to premium only;
    • Feeds:
      - highlight new entries;
    • Wi-Fi Hotspot (in-car) scenario (thanks to sealeysonic);

For guides on how to configure & use, see more at:

For support / feedback / suggestions use this forum thread:

Download from:

Categories: News Tags:
  1. BuZz
    January 13th, 2014 at 01:51 | #1

Excellent stuff! thanks Dan :)

2. Dan Dar3
    January 13th, 2014 at 01:56 | #2

Thanks Buzz! Not much for users, but it was a big one for me to get out of the way. More smaller features next, maybe a “Now playing” screen or “Screenshot” command… have to keep up with all the good work you’re doing with 3.5 :-)

3. Curtis S
    January 14th, 2014 at 07:05 | #3

So, where is your #WinPhan love? Is there any hope of a Windows Phone version in the future? Right now I have a pretty good WP8 remote for XBMC, but I still like to have options.

4. Dan Dar3
    January 14th, 2014 at 10:38 | #4

Ah, in interesting one. I like Windows Phone, although I don’t own one was in fact my first option when I started this app, as it seemed to have better developer tools (in fairness, I probably wouldn’t even need an actual phone, I could use the emulator to test it). But at the same time, I didn’t want to pay for the developer account registration to find out that Microsoft Store might reject my app (don’t know how fond they are about the project), and also as far as I know you’d be my only user :-)

But you know what Curtis? I don’t know if you meant to say XBMC or XBMC4Xbox, but that gives me an idea :-) I’d say yes, there might be hope for an XBMC remote app for Windows Phone that might incidentally have some support for XBMC4Xbox ;-)

5. cardship
    March 3rd, 2014 at 23:05 | #5

Can we get a link for advanced setup instructions and capabilitys please

6. Dan Dar3
    March 4th, 2014 at 09:50 | #6

@cardship
    See the two links at the bottom of the post – the first one covers lightly the configuration and on the second thread you can find my email address or ask more questions. The application doesn’t do a whole lot, well not anymore that you can discover yourself.

WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing